Now Hiring Sales Associate
The difference between Wild Birds Unlimited and other retailers goes far beyond what we sell. It's who we are. Enthusiasm, professionalism, informed advice and superior customer service are the hallmarks of our staff.
We are seeking a Sales Associate with great retail and service skills. Working at your locally owned Wild Birds Unlimited store is an opportunity to support and educate our friendly customers about birds and nature.
Our Sales Associates work with other staff, including the owner, to bring to life the store’s mission – “We Bring People and Nature Together®…And We Do It With Excellence!” To that end, we provide training with regard to backyard bird feeding, bird watching and product knowledge.
Previous retail experience preferred, but not required.
Ability to lift and carry seed for our customers – a foundation of our service!
Will consider both full-time and part-time applications that meet the needs of the business, but a flexible schedule and the ability to work weekends are required.
Our goal is to provide quality products, service, expertise and a high energy shopping experience. Help customers bring nature into their own backyards and lives. Come join our team! Fill out an application here.
• Young are born in nursery colonies of bats
• The Dawn Chorus begins. Be sure to listen for the early morning natural serenade
• Eastern Tiger Swallowtail Butterflies fly May-September, two flights
•Downy and Hairy Woodpeckers are incubating
• Chickadees, titmice, nuthatches are incubating and are less likely to be at feeders
• House Wrens return. They may come in late April (earlier in south) if spring is warm
• Sub-adult Purple Martins return to establish new colonies early in the month
• Nesting materials are still being collected
• Eta Aquarids meteor shower is early-May
• International Migratory Bird Day is mid-May