Are squirrels driving you nuts?
Birds love our exclusive seed cylinders and no-melt suet cylinders. Unfortunately, so do many nimble, furry backyard inhabitants. Well, no more! We've added some heat to our bird food cylinders.
While birds such as woodpeckers, cardinals, chickadees, titmice and blue jays readily eat foods containing hot pepper, pesky critters will shy away from them.
For best results, use a cylinder feeder with a roof to prevent the hot pepper from being washed off or diluted by the weather.
• Blackberries are ripening. They're a favorite of raccoons, squirrels, birds and people
• As the month progresses, feeders can become busy with visiting parents and fledglings
• House Wrens are nesting
• Snapping Turtles emerge onto land to lay eggs
• Drought conditions often prevail; a freshly-changed bird bath will draw in a variety of birds
• Bullfrogs begin calling
• Young raccoons emerge and venture out with their mothers
• June is Perennial Garden Month & National Rivers Month