Put Out the Welcome Mat for Nesting Birds
You can welcome nesting birds to your backyard by providing a proper nest box, nesting material and the right foods. Jim’s Birdacious® Bark Butter® Bits are packed with energy for quick grab-and-go bites with added calcium. The much needed calcium is attractive to egg-laying moms as well as nestlings and fledglings.
Stop by the store for everything you need to help nesting birds.
• February is National Bird Feeding Month
• Peak of squirrel mating season
• Great Horned Owls are incubating their eggs
• A few Sandhill Cranes can be seen migrating north in late February
• Bluebird and other nest boxes need to be cleaned out this month
• Bald Eagles begin nesting behavior
• Red-winged Blackbirds, Killdeer and Great Blue Herons return in southern areas